WITHOUT EXCEPTION, all prints, products, and digital files provided by Brooke Windibank Photography are protected under copyright of Brooke Windibank/Brook Windibank Photography. This copyright is non-transferrable. Purchase of prints, products, or digital files does NOT signify a transfer of ownership of any copyrights. Please refer to the Limited Release document provided with your digital files for further information on how you may legally use your purchased or provided digital files. Please also adhere to the Canadian Copyright Act.
Canadian Copyright law is designed to protect photographers and other artists by granting them the exclusive right to distribute, copy, edit and publish their photography by license, transfer, or sale. The Copyright Act prohibits anyone from copying, scanning, editing or sharing photographic prints, images, or media without the written permission of the photographer. Violation of the Copyright Act can incur both civil and criminal penalties.
• All retainer or deposit fees are non refundable. If you wish to cancel your session, you also forfeit the retainer fee. Rescheduling your photo session due to an illness or weather is at the discretion of Brooke Windibank Photography.
• We require full payment for prints and products at the end of your ordering session (via cash, check, or credit). No order will be designed or submitted until paid in full. A $50 fee will be incurred for any NSF or declined cheques.
• No online galleries or blog/social media sneak peeks will be posted until all payments are made.
• All items ordered during your in-person ordering or online gallery session will be delivered directly to Brooke Windibank Photography for quality assurance. We prefer that our clients pick up their orders directly from us. However, prints and products may be shipped to you at an additional cost, and must include insurance.
• All sales are final, and there are no refunds.
IMPORTANT: Once you receive the USB Key, or the image gallery has been given or expired, I am not liable for lost photos. Please backup all your files. I do not keep images. Images will not be on my website past the expiry date. However, if you have lost your photos or your USB key, please give me a call. I may still have them, but this is not a guarentee. I can re upload or issue a new USB key, for an additional fee of $25 plus tax.
• Brooke Windibank Photography reserves the right to reschedule any session due to photographer illness, personal emergency, or inclement weather. If a session cannot be rescheduled due to photographer cancellation, we will refund your paid deposit. retainer or session fee.
• Rescheduling your session’s date may incur additional fees ($20 per occurrence), at Brooke Windibank Photography’s discretion.
• If you prefer to cancel your session, instead of rescheduling, you may pay a cancellation fee. (up to the amount paid out by the photographer for services, such as hair and makeup, hotel room, props, etc. Only if the retainer fee does not cover the cost.
• NOTE: If you want to make changes to any photo that’s in your finished gallery. For example, you want to do extensive editing, as in removing the background, or an item in the background, a person, wrinkles, blemishes, there will be a charge of $20 per image to make those changes. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
• Brooke Windibank Photography provides archival-quality photographic prints and products, color corrected & calibrated to print EXACTLY as we see on our Brooke Windibank Photography computer, by our professional print lab. Any digital photos you see (on our website, blog, social media sites, or that have been provided directly to you) may vary from their intended appearance, depending on your computer’s monitor and settings. In addition, Brooke Windibank Photography cannot guarantee the results or quality of photographic prints made by clients or by clients’ chosen labs. For consistent, quality results made to last a lifetime, please purchase your prints directly from Brooke Windibank Photography.
• Digital files purchased or provided are for personal archival purposes. We include a print release for photographic prints only.
• Please back up all digital copies of your photographs in 1-2 places. We recommend an external hard drive or flash drive, as well as online/cloud storage Brooke Windibank Photography will make every effort to retain your files for up to 3 months from the date of your session.
• Portraits: A session fee is due immediately upon reservation of your session. We often collect the session fee at your pre-session consultation, via check or cash, email transfer, Visa or MasterCard. However, you may also mail your check, or pay your session fee online, upon request. We will not reserve a date or time without payment. Boudoir sessions require $150 retainer fee and are non refundable.
• Brooke Windibank Photography strives to have your portraits ready to view within 2-3 weeks after your session. However, due to the level of attention we provide to your images, your wait may be longer. We appreciate your patience.