Policies & FAQ
Policies & Procedures
WITHOUT EXCEPTION, all prints, products, and digital files provided by Brooke Windibank Photography are protected under copyright of Brooke Windibank/Brook Windibank Photography. This copyright is non-transferrable. Purchase of prints, products, or digital files does NOT signify a transfer of ownership of any copyrights. Please refer to the Limited Release document provided with your digital files for further information on how you may legally use your purchased or provided digital files. Please also adhere to the Canadian Copyright Act.
Canadian Copyright law is designed to protect photographers and other artists by granting them the exclusive right to distribute, copy, edit and publish their photography by license, transfer, or sale. The Copyright Act prohibits anyone from copying, scanning, editing or sharing photographic prints, images, or media without the written permission of the photographer. Violation of the Copyright Act can incur both civil and criminal penalties.
• Once a photography session has been performed, your session fee is non-refundable, as it covers the time and skills invested by Brooke Windibank Photography up to and through that point.
• We require full payment for prints and products at the end of your ordering session (via cash, check, or credit). No order will be designed or submitted until paid in full. A $50 fee will be incurred for any NSF or declined cheques.
• No online galleries or blog/social media sneak peeks will be posted until all payments are made.
• All items ordered during your in-person ordering or online gallery session will be delivered directly to Brooke Windibank Photography for quality assurance. We prefer that our clients pick up their orders directly from us. However, prints and products may be shipped to you at an additional cost, and must include insurance.
• All sales are final, and there are no refunds.
• Brooke Windibank Photography reserves the right to reschedule any session due to photographer illness, personal emergency, or inclement weather. If a session cannot be rescheduled due to photographer cancellation, we will refund your paid session fee.
• Clients reserve the right to reschedule any portrait session with at least one week’s notice to the photographer, at no additional fee. Rescheduling within one week of your session’s date may incur additional fees ($20 per occurrence), at Brooke Windibank Photography’s discretion.
• If you prefer to cancel your session, instead of rescheduling, you may pay a cancellation fee of $50.
• NOTE: If you want to make changes to any photo that’s in your finished gallery. For example, you want to do extensive editing, as in removing the background, or an item in the background, there will be a charge of $20 per image to make those changes. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
• Brooke Windibank Photography provides archival-quality photographic prints and products, color corrected & calibrated to print EXACTLY as we see on our Brooke Windibank Photography computer, by our professional print lab. Any digital photos you see (on our website, blog, social media sites, or that have been provided directly to you) may vary from their intended appearance, depending on your computer’s monitor and settings. In addition, Brooke Windibank Photography cannot guarantee the results or quality of photographic prints made by clients or by clients’ chosen labs. For consistent, quality results made to last a lifetime, please purchase your prints directly from Brooke Windibank Photography.
• Digital files purchased or provided are for personal archival purposes. We include a print release for photographic prints only.
• Please back up all digital copies of your photographs in 1-2 places. We recommend an external hard drive or flash drive, as well as online/cloud storage Brooke Windibank Photography will make every effort to retain your files for up to 3 months from the date of your session.
• Portraits: A session fee is due immediately upon reservation of your session. We often collect the session fee at your pre-session consultation, via check or cash, email transfer, Visa or MasterCard. However, you may also mail your check, or pay your session fee online, upon request. We will not reserve a date or time without payment.
• Brooke Windibank Photography strives to have your portraits ready to view and order within 2-3 weeks after your session. However, due to the level of attention we provide to your images, your wait may be longer. We appreciate your patience!
Frequently Asked Questions
What does my session fee include? Your session fee includes time and talent of the photographer, use of indoor studio, travel to and from on-location site and basic image retouching post session. Typical sessions will yield 30-50 photos to view and proof; all chosen print photos will be fully retouched and prepped for print. Remember, you are working with a custom photographer; unlike department stores and photography chains, you are getting individual attention and the ability to customize your session to fit your needs.
Do you “touch up” images? Yes. All ordered images receive our premium retouching service at no extra charge. This service includes some of the following:
- Removal of small scars or blemishes
- Skin smoothing techniques
- Eye and teeth whitening
- Eye enhancements
Please note when placing your order what touch-ups you would like to have done (these may get noted directly in the ordering process). It is your responsibility to note touch-ups you wish to have done BEFORE order is placed. Touch-ups that go beyond this are at an additional fee if they can be performed, such as removal of background items, bra-straps, lip blisters, and body image.
Do you shoot digitally or with film? We shoot all digital only using high quality Nikon equipment. We do not limit the amount of images that we take. We take what is needed in order to be able to present you with at least 5-30 final, re-touched, print ready images. A typical photo session will usually yield around 30 to 50 proof ready images.
Do you shoot in black and white or color? We shoot all in color and then convert images to black and white using a special process that appears more like black and white film. This allows you to choose color or black and white for any image.
May I purchase the digital negatives? Yes, high-resolution digital negatives or digital files are available for purchase. Please contact me for our complete price list for prints and digital files. Also, depending on your session type, you may receive web ready, watermarked images that you may display on social networking sites like Facebook, twitter, pinterest or to email to friends and family. Please keep in mind that all photos and digital files are copy-written material by Brooke Windibank.